Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Cleveland Cable Company Limited, will collect and use your personal data to:
- To allow you to use our shopping basket.
- To process your orders
- To allow us to contact you with order queries
- The only Cookie that our website uses is placed by Google Analytics to help us track our visitor’s behaviour, anonymously. We do this so that we can react and give you a better experience online.
Why does Cleveland Cable Company Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with products and services we need to collect personal data for correspondence and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Cleveland Cable Company Limited would contact you for additional consent.
Will Cleveland Cable Company Limited share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Cleveland Cable Company Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf.When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Cleveland Cable Company Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Cleveland Cable Company Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Cleveland Cable Company Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Cleveland Cable Company Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Cleveland Cable Company Limited contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Cleveland Cable Company Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Cleveland Cable Company Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Cleveland Cable Company Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Cleveland Cable Company Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate or bank statement or utility bills.
Download and complete the Subject Access Request Form here.
Download the full Cleveland Cable Company Limited Privacy Notice
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
|Contact Name:|| Mr Jason Hodgkinson|
| Riverside Park Road|
| TS2 1QW|
| United Kingdom|
|Telephone:|| 00 44 1642 254234|