Quick Quote0 Items
The Power To Connect
Quick Quote 0 Items

UKCA Product Marking

10th January 2023

What is the UKCA Mark?

The UKCA (UK Conformity Assessment) mark is the new UK product marking that will be required for certain products being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland). It covers most products that previously required the CE mark.

It will not be recognized in the EU market. Products that require CE marking will still need a CE marking to be sold in the EU.

UK Government information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-mark-from-1-january-2021

When does the UKCA mark come into force?

The UKCA mark came into force on 1 Jan 2021. However, The government is determined to remove barriers to businesses so they can get on with their top priorities, like providing quality customer service, enabling growth and supporting their staff. This move will give businesses the breathing space and flexibility they need at this crucial time and ensure that the future system for product safety marking is fit for purpose, providing the highest standard for consumers without harming businesses.

To support manufacturers, the government is also reviewing the wider product safety framework, to minimise the burdens on business. As part of this, the government will make it easier than ever for businesses to apply product markings. This package will give thousands of businesses, including electronics and lift manufacturers, additional time to focus on delivering growth and creating jobs, while giving them flexibility in how they meet their legal obligations. Whilst the UKCA marking can be used now this extension means businesses can choose to use the CE marking until 30th June 2025.

How can organizations prepare for UKCA marking?

If your product requires the services of a notified body for third party assessment of conformity, you will need to check whether they are able to offer UKCA marking-related services. Only organizations who are approved bodies for UKCA marking will be able to offer this service.

What about CE marking?

If your product requires the services of a notified body for third party assessment of conformity, and if this service has been carried out by a UK notified body, in the event of a “no deal” your CE marking will no longer be valid.

In order to maintain your CE marking you will need to work with a notified body registered in an EU27 member.